Parenting for Lifelong Health (PLH) provides open-source and evidence-based parenting resources to support parents and caregivers during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond. These resources focus on building positive parent-child relationships and reducing violence against children by learning through play, reinforcing positive and managing difficult behaviours, creating structure and routines, talking about COVID-19, keeping children safe online, and reducing stress and conflict.
We are working with the World Health Organization (WHO), UNICEF, the Global Partnership to End Violence Against Children, USAID, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Oxford University, the LEGO Foundation, the Internet of Good Things & many more, to keep children safe during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
The COVID-19 Parenting team's work and resources are grounded in 5 core principles:
- Evidence-based materials and approaches, with in-built mechanisms for ongoing evaluation and knowledge gathering
- Open-source and non-commercial content and configurations, giving free access to resources
- Scalable and low-cost designs and dissemination routes, to reach all parents who need support
- Adaptive messaging and methods, to meet the needs of diverse local cultures and contexts across the globe
- Playful and empathic scope and spirit, because learning through playful and compassionate interaction are the key to positive parenting and child wellbeing
Partners and Funders
The COVID-19 Playful Parenting team's collaboration has brought together global agencies, governments, universities, NGOs, and community organisations to provide evidence-informed playful parenting resources to an unprecedented number of people in just a few months of intense work since the COVID-19 pandemic started.
Our Partners and Funders represent leading organizations each providing strategic leadership on child safety initiatives, and committed to helping keep children safe under all circumstances during the pandemic and beyond.
We wish to thank the following organisations and individuals for translating and reviewing our materials.
Thank you for your invaluable contribution!
Please send us a message at email@example.com if you wish to be acknowledged as a contributor.
If you would like to help translate our parenting tip sheets and other resources into your language, please send us a message at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to be acknowledged as a Partner, Funder or Contributor, please send us a message at: email@example.com
For general queries, you can send us message at: firstname.lastname@example.org